Summer is here and if you think these lazy, hazy months should be all play and no work, take a gander at the following statistics provided by Ron Fairchild, Executive Director of the Johns Hopkins University Center for Summer Learning.
· All students experience learning losses when they do not engage in educational activities during the summer.
· On average, students lose approximately 2.6 months of grade level equivalency in mathematical computation skills during the summer months.
· Only approximately 10 percent of students nationwide participate in summer school or attend schools with non-traditional calendars.
· A majority of students (56 percent) want to be involved in a summer program that “helps kids keep up with schoolwork or prepare for the next grade”.
· Research shows that teachers typically spend between 4-6 weeks re-teaching material that students have forgotten over the summer.
World of Enrichment specializes in project -based learning in a format that makes learning fun and experiential! Our camps are full of activities that incorporate several academics at once! With no more than 20 campers we guarantee an individualized learning experience with personal care and attention your child deserves.
Register your child now for our innovative Cooking, Art, Science and Spanish camps and avoid “Summer Slide”.