About the school
- How long has the preschool been in business?
WOE has been the premier educational advancement center specializing in 21 century learning skills since 2005. Since we are experts in the field of preparing children for successful futures, this year we are excited to apply the same educational opportunities to preschoolers while preparing them for Kindergarten.
- Is the school licensed or accredited?
Since we are an educational institution it is not required, that is a requirement only for daycares.
- What is the school’s licensed capacity?
We do not have a licensed capacity since we are not a daycare, however, our capacity is 10 children maximum in one class with 2 teachers.
- Does my child have to be potty-trained to attend?
Yes, all children need to be toilet trained.
- Can I bring my child in for a pre-enrollment visit?
Yes we will be more than happy to make an appointment for your child to try a class.
Days and hours
- What are your hours?
AM session is 8:45 am – 11:15 am and PM session is 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- What’s your holiday schedule?
There are no classes Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Winter break, Spring break
- On what other days is the preschool closed?
Only in cases of extreme weather or emergencies, in those cases everyone will be notified.
- How flexible are you with pickup and drop-off times?
In order to provide the best experience for all children, all students are expected to be dropped off and picked up exactly on time.
- What are the fees?
3-4 year olds attend 2 days a week for $185/month, 4-5 year olds attend 3 days a week for $200/month.
- Do you offer scholarships or sibling discounts?
We are currently taking a wait list for scholarships and they will be awarded once we receive a sufficient donation to cover the scholarship. There is a 10% discount for more than one sibling.
- Is there a late-pickup fee?
For pickups later than 10 minutes, the parent’s account will be charged a $5 late fee. For every 5 minutes after that will be $5.
- Do I pay when we’re on vacation?
Tuition must continue to be received monthly in order to guarantee a spot in the class for your child.
- How and when would you bill us?
Tuition is always due the 1st of each month. We do not send out bills or invoices; however we do recommend autopay to avoid any late fees.
Interacting with parents
- What do you expect from me as a parent?
Our Kindergarten Preparatory School includes a customized learning experience for each child. We will provide ideas and suggestions for reinforcement at home and recommend family involvement to ensure the best success for your child.
- How do you communicate with parents?
Each child will have their own communications folder they will bring with them each day for parents and teachers to correspond.
- Is there a regular newsletter, or a notice board?
Yes, there will be a monthly newsletter that will be sent home outlining the theme of the month, any new skills your child will be working on, important days, reminders, and suggested resources or ideas for parents to help enhance what the students have learned in school at home.
- Do you encourage parent/provider conferences?
Yes, a parent conference can be scheduled at any time after school hours to discuss concerns or questions.
- Are the kids grouped by age or are ages mixed?
We have two classes, 3-4 year olds and 4-5 year olds. Students will have to be 3 years old before school starts. Regardless of which group your child is in, they will be getting an individualized learning experience to keep them challenged each step of the way!
- What’s the teacher-child ratio in each group?
We have a 1:5 teacher/student ratio
Staff and qualifications
- What are the staff’s credentials and training?
World of Enrichment is very fortunate to have such a qualified staff. Our Kindergarten Preparatory School Director has a Master’s Degree in Education and a certification in World of Enrichment’s Teaching and Learning Approach.
- Does the staff have emergency training? In CPR? In first aid?
The entire staff here is certified in CPR and first aid
- How do you screen staff? Do you perform background checks before hiring?
The entire staff has completed background checks.
- What is the school’s educational philosophy?
Our philosophy is to have the best kind of environment to help children grow and learn to their full potential! Our child-centered approach encourages exploratory behavior and enhances each student’s growth and development within the foundations of academics. Our emphasis is on educating the whole child — emotionally, socially, physically, creatively and intellectually — in a hands-on, interdisciplinary and collaborative setting.
- What’s the advantage of your approach?
The advantage of our unique approach is that the curricula are individualized, based your child’s interests and stage of development.
- Do the children learn letters, numbers, and colors?
Yes, children will be learning at a minimum what is required for Kindergarten.
- Will you be able to help me determine whether my child will be ready for kindergarten at the appropriate time?
We will be working individually with you to build a path of success for your child. We are your partners!
- Are your toys and activities age-appropriate?
All activities are developmentally and age-appropriate.
- What will my child be doing on any given day?
We have a daily class schedule that we follow for each class and available anytime for parents to see.
- Do you have field trips? If so, do you provide safe transportation?
Currently all field trips are local and in walking distance.
- What role, if any, does television and other screen time have at the preschool?
All electronic media has an educational focus, and the students are in a technology class for 30 minutes, once a week.
- How do you discipline children?
We use positive discipline methods that encourage redirection and the positive behavior we know each child is capable of having. We place greater emphasis on encouraging and praising good behavior. However, if a child promotes a dangerous environment or becomes a distraction to others and they have to be removed, a call will be given to the parent.
- How do you comfort children?
Because our class sizes are extremely small, instructors are able to comfort children based on the unique needs of the child.
- How do you handle teasing, bullying, and inappropriate group behavior among the children?
This behavior is unacceptable at World of Enrichment and if a child promotes a dangerous environment becomes a danger or a distraction to others and they have to be removed, a call will be given to the parent. If the behavior is continuous then the child will not be able to continue in our education program.
- Must children be immunized in order to attend?
Immunizations is not a requirement at World of Enrichment.
- What is your sick-child policy?
We ask that parents do not bring their child to class unless they are fever, vomit and diarrhea- free for at least 24 hours. If a child happens to gets sick while at school then we will immediately notify the parent to come bring the child home to receive treatment.
- What if my child needs medication during the day?
Since our school day is only 2.5 hours, this may not be necessary however if it is, we can accommodate.
- Do caregivers wash their hands before feeding the children?
World of Enrichment is known for its high standards of cleanliness. All staff is required keep their hands clean as well as the children. In addition, our facility is cleaned continuously throughout the day.
- Are children taught/required to wash their hands after using the toilet.
The staff teaches and reminds students to wash their hands after using the toilet, touching their noses and their mouths.
- Do you have a sign-in and sign-out sheet? Are the doors secure so strangers can’t just walk in?
We do not have a sign-in and sign-out sheet. Our doors are always locked during class times.
- What is your release policy? Who may pick up my child?
Children are only released to an individual that the parent notifies the staff of.
- Do you provide snack?
Snacks will be provided. We ask that parents let us know if their child has any allergies.